Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sausage Potato Soup



1 lb. bulk Italian sausage, drained (I added 1 kielbasa sausage to this as well)
4 c. chicken broth (14.5 oz each)
8 small red potatoes, quartered and sliced
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
2 c. fresh spinach chopped (I used freeze dried spinach from a 10# can)

Brown sausage. In a Dutch oven or large pan combine the broth, potatoes, and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add drained sausage and spinach to broth mixture; heat thoroughly.

CROCK POT
I made this in a crock pot rather than on the stove. I browned the sausage. I added the drained sausage into my crock pot with water and chicken bouillon, salad dressing mix and the dehydrated spinach. I let it cook for about 4 hours on high heat. It turned out great and took very little prep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment